Saturday, April 16, 2011

Erich Maria Remarque - All Quiet on the Western Front II

"This book has more then one conflict."


"I understand that All Quiet on the Western Front is a classic war novel, but this book is already overwrought with the same repeating message page after page. It literally runs for nearly 300 pages ... The subplots are tedious for me to care about it. I've seen plenty of anti-war movies; they are all the same to me. Then, I keep falling asleep after reading maybe five to ten pages. The book is that boring. It's just a diary of mundane things that Paul Bäumer goes through, and there are times that he gets to see one of his soldiers to get hit or killed in action ... Let's face facts: War is a very old story because it's been around for centuries. So, what's new? War is pointless."


"too many characters, too complicated."


"This book was not very good. It digressed to much. The main character, Paul was a flat character with too many thoughts. It was trajic and to vivid in some parts. I would not recommend it."


"everybody iz dead...."


"I thought the book was a boring one.
This book has got to be one of the most pointless books out on the shelves today. This is one of those books that you have to do background information on before you read it and no book should be like that. Pointless and boring. Simple as that."


"It was the most boring, hard to grasp and understand book Ive ever read."


"The worst book I have ever read
I had a glimps of the cover and almost threw up. Right from the beginning I knew that it was crap. The whole book talks about old men playing cards on margirine tubs and having bowl movements twenty four hours a day. Now I have to write a report on it and trust me it won't be a positive one. From rats to crap I give this book a 0.1 / 10, zero being the worst. I'd use up all 1,000 words that I am aloud to use but I just be repeating how much this book sucks . . . ."


"This book suxs
If u feel like having the life bored out of u read this book.°¿°. My heart goes out to the soldiers and I truly think what they did was marvell~ous, but this book, spare me. :{"


"Enough of the Lies!
Ok, Ok, everybody knows that war is bad, and that people die in it, I mean, that's the whole point isn't it? It's supposed to be something to be avoided, otherwise it wouldn't be a successful method of solving problems. In the case of World War One, I agree with most of the things said in this book, but you can't generalise to all wars. The whole point of a war is to secure the common welfare, and preserve the needs of the many. put plainly, some things are worth fighting for. In this book Remarque shows his ignorance by seeming not to realise this. I will agree that most wars have not been for the good of the people, but you can't make a blanket statement, manipulating millions of individuals with the pacifistic propaganda presented in this book. On this book's behalf, i will state that as far as books they make you read in school go, it's pretty good.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me at supremeruleroftheearth@yahoo.com"

BUT TO BE FAIR

"I wrote this review back when I used to be ignorant. I realize I was an idiot now."

BUT TO BE FAIRER

"I'm an anarcho-capitalist now."

No comments:

Post a Comment