Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shakespeare - Julius Caesar

"The other thing I don't like is how his characters all the same in all of his plays. It's same type of character for each. Another thing I dislike about Shakespeare is that all of his plays have violence in them. Someone always dies in Shakespeare. His plays were way too much the same. He kept writing the same thing over and over again."


"I hated julius Ceasar soooo much! I felt like everyone was so suicidal that I wouldn't be surprised if they go to a corner every night and cut themselves....also, it was so hard to understand...It was like aliens came down on earth and started talking to me in Julius Ceasar...."


"Its so fucking long, boring and takes forever for the guy to actually get killed."


"EH, this play was awful. It's really boring then Caesar gets killed, more boring stuff, then everyone kills themselves. Yay, so much fun, not."


"Definitly not one of shakespeare's best plays, this play was even worse than macbeth."


"I thought this book would never end, it made me so crazed that I expected to still be reading it at my funeral. In other words it was really really really loooong."


"Here's what I remember: 'Friends, Romans, countrymen: Lend me your ears. I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him. The good that men do is oft interred with their bones,' and then a whole bunch of something and then 'so were they all honorable men,' and then a whole bunch more I don't remember.

Why did we have to learn that? How has it helped me in my life? I obviously don't remember it and I function fairly well as an adult."


"Brutus was a pussy."


"I do have a deep appreciation for Shakespeare; however, I did not find this to be one of his better plays. The amount of drama is disappointing and the character development should have been deeper. I disliked how the characterization of Caesar grew from other people's perspective of him. Maybe that would have been more acceptable for an Elizabethan audience, but for today's students, I think that the amount of information about Caesar in the play itself doesn't justify the ending."


"How can anyone enjoy reading about greed and betrayal? I just find it so sad"


"Boring! Boring! Boring!
Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring boring."


"Stupid book only suitable for the old fashioned, elderly, or dweebs
I absolutly hated this book!!!!!!! I was forced to stop reading every five pages and throw it at a wall because it was sooooooo boring. Shakespear really brought out his worst in this awful book. The english translations rarely made sence, the font was teeny tiny (size 9, according to Microsoft Word when I scanned it onto word), and the pages were flimsy. All in all, an incredible waste of time and money!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment