Sunday, May 29, 2011

THE BEST OF MAY

MARK TWAIN - THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN

"Another theme in the story is that society is wrong. As Huck travels down the river, he does many things that would be contrary to the beliefs of society such as helping the slave escape. He also learns black people are people too. The book is an irony because of this style."

"I'm sorry, but Jim talks too much in this book."


GOETHE - FAUST PART II

"i hate Goethe, he's the most ugly writer ever plus he's German, bleah!"


SOPHOCLES - OEDIPUS REX

"Oedipus Rex was not very intriguing to me because it was hard to understand and I could not follow the characters very well. I would suggest that they revise it to make it fit today’s standards more appropriately."

"Oedipus Rex is bad. The book reminds me of drinking rancid milk. First off, there was far too much incest in the book, no one likes to hear about incest. Also, the book is incredibly unbelievable. Yeah, I'm sure that the Sphinx really told a riddle, and if you got it wrong, he ate you. I am sure that is 100% historically accurate. Don't even get me started on this blind guy 'seeing' the future. Sounds like a ...Miss Cleo to me. Jocasta did the only realistic thing in the entire book..."


SHAKESPEARE - ROMEO AND JULIET

"BOLOGNA! I am sick of this story and never again wish to read it ever. I am not even kissing this dreadful story goodbye, I am pushing it out my front door and throwing its shoes along with it."

"I think that it was amazing because I just read that Anne Frank and her family was hiding behind the bookshelf and the people who was looking for them that they never did and the Jews was trying to move to another state because Hitler was trying to kill them because Hitler never liked them when he was a little boy like his father did and before his father died."


TACITUS - THE ANNALS

"It would be nice if Tactitus’ understanding was more like a tacit understanding.

That is, unspoken."


JORGE LUIS BORGES - LABYRINTHS

"This book seemed more like personal opinions of others' works than anything else. Reading it was like reading a grip of book reviews; it would have been like this site binding together this review and others to make a book. Since I have never read pretty much all the books this book referred to while making comparisons, I was completely lost."


R. L. STEVENSON - THE STRANGE CASE OF DR JEKYLL AND MR HYDE

"I give this book 2 out of 5 because Dr. Jekyll clearly made the mistake that no scientist would like to make in their entire scientific life. He used his knowledge for bad reasons which resulted in hurting people."

No comments:

Post a Comment