Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Shakespeare - Romeo and Juliet III

"Does anyone honestly like 'Romeo and Juliet?'"


"What i would really like to know is how William Shakespeare is considered a genus?"


"it just didnt touch me the way i thought it would."


"this book made me angrey. why would somebody write this it is so boring. no one likes shakespear unless they are wierd or went to greadute school."


"To be fair, I do not care for any of William Shakespeare's works, partly because they all end in tragedy and partly because I have a very difficult time understanding what the characters are speaking about due to the language."


"The Bard, receiving an assumption of timelessness because he's been required reading for the last 350 years."

YEP. THAT'S DEFINITELY HOW IT WORKS


"This book is the worst love story ever! Read Stephenie Meyer books!
~Sachi <3"


"I thought it was bogus about how they fall in love in first sight and die for each other... like okay now."


"Recommends it for: Old People
A good book. But not as good as a fine old classic by J. K. Rowling. A warning note to all you Shakespeare fans out there, with a classic, you always go wrong."


"I didn't like this book because it was really boring. another reason is that the words are weird and the author doesn't spell word correct."


"I hate plays so I did not enjoy this novel."


"Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How can people be so stupid!!!!!!!!Is it a love story or a hate story?????????????????"


"If Romeo and Juliet was a piece of modern literature, it would have been an epic fail in my book (sad to say that there are books that sound like this published last year! Eeek!). But the timeless language of Shakespeare can only be condoned by a brave reader, which was not I, but this novel/play encouraged me to read the romance I was afraid of. Not the swooning maiden on the cover wrapped in the arms of a buffish, half-naked man kind of romance though, true romance that comes from the heart of an experianced writer (Du Maurier, Sparks). I didn't understand it, and shied away from it. Shakespeare and many other authors that I cannot remember the names of at this moment have shown me that romance does not have to be stupid, it can always be thrilling and kick ass!"


"I’ve read far FAR better stories from authors that don’t need to make their lines rhyme to have a good story"


"Oh tradgety. What would I do without you or your undying love. Yeah, sounds lame...well so is this."


"It's funny how people say William Shakespeare is complete genius for writing this. There's never been a greater act of plagerism in history. Pyramus and Thisbe, anyone?"


"I probably shouldn't hate on this too much. I mean, it did spawn off Tales For the Leet, quite possibly one of the funniest spoofs i've seen in my entire life."


"What was Shakespeare smoking?"


"I ABHOR THIS NOVEL!! THIS IS PISS COMPARED TO SHAKESPEARE'S OTHER WORKS!!! READ HAMLET OR MACBETH IF YOU WANT A DECENT NOVEL!"


"What silliness, what stupidity! Romeo and Juliet are not and CAN not be the greatest lovers in history. For if they are, it would certainly speak volumes on how truly shallow and reckless human love truly is.

Even more was I disgusted with the rash decisions of each character. Killing themselves over each other is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I don't give a damn how much you like your boyfriend, why are you killing yourself because of it? There's plenty of fish in the sea. Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it."


"god, i hate reading shakespeare. it's like agony. i don't like thinking 'what the hell is going on?', 'what does this shit mean?'"

WELL SURELY YOU'RE USED TO IT BY NOW


"I just can't buy the whole premise of the story. You families won't let you be together so you commit suicide. I'm too much of a fighter. I'd have found a way."


"It was hard to read and they didn't use proper English. i know it was witten in like the 1600s but no one talks like that anymore."


"Im a guy i really didnt enjoy it, if i was a girl i might have"


"If Shakespeare were alive today I think he would have given this one star as well."


"I hate that this book is read by teens who are over-emotional and hormonal to begin with and then being told that if they can't get their way, opt for death?"

ONCE I WAS READING KING LEAR AND THEN I DRAFTED THE PALESTINE MANDATE. WORST IDEA EVER. FUCK YOU, SHAKESPEARE

No comments:

Post a Comment