Sunday, July 31, 2011

THE BEST OF JULY

ST AUGUSTINE - CONFESSIONS

"A mental midget
I've written reviews of this book before. They keep getting deleted, so if you want to know what I think of this book, please e-mail me."


NIETZSCHE - THE BIRTH OF TRAGEDY

"Anyone who refuses to believe in God should die of AIDS"


DANTE - THE DIVINE COMEDY

"I would prefer the game over the book because Dante in the book seems like a wimp almost every single seconds in Hell. In the game, he be destroying everything and it makes him more of a man. Even though the book and the game are some part are different but it's almost the same as each other. They both want Beatrice and they have to go through hell."


KAFKA - THE METAMORPHOSIS

"Very interesting book about the fall of capitalism and rise of communism in the Czech Republic. Also the story of a huge caterpillar walking through a house."


PYNCHON - THE CRYING OF LOT 49

"When I read a book like this and don't 'get it' I always wonder what I'm missing out on, or if I'm just too dense to get it. But then I usually decide it's not me at all."

"The writing of the title as the last words of the novel? Please. Why is that such a literary feat?
I guess the point of the novel was not to have a point. I'm sorry, but that is just taking the easy way out. At least put some effort into making me feel something and ask questions about myself. Oh, the book was trying to do that? It's making me wonder what it all means and what is the meaning of life? Hello! Who needs to read this book to ask those questions? Everyone asks themselves those questions naturally. There's nothing particularly briliant in that concept. Anyway, I'll stop now because I'm not by nature a cynical guy and all this negativity is killing me."


LADY MURASAKI - THE TALE OF GENJI

"Okay if you like the sort of primitive, crappy storytelling that existed before the art of literature really developed. Reading Genji is like taking a ride on lumpy stone wheels instead of Michelin tires."


NIETZSCHE - TWILIGHT OF THE IDOLS

"I food myself chuckling and thinking, 'is this guy for REAL?'"


MARX - THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO

"This is Satan's plan pure and simple ... If negative ratings were available, I would give it five negative stars."


KEATS - POEMS

"JOHN KEATS SUCKS!!!!!!!!, William Blake is the shit. keats sucks blakes nuts., William is by far the best romantic poet, BITCHES

man, how can you even compare blake to keats, your a fag man. blake is easily THE BEST Romantic poet, ever. lord byron is a better romantic poet then keats, LORD BYRON. you fags just can't admit he sucks donkey balls. jesus christ, even Samuel Taylor Coleridge is a better poet, you fags just can't admit keats sucks."

No comments:

Post a Comment