Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shakespeare - Antony and Cleopatra

"Ugh. Boring. Slow. Maybe it's really cool to watch, but it's really tedious to read fifteen scenes in Acts III and IV, especially when we know (from history) how it ends ... Shakespeare seemed like he was trying too hard to be accurate"


"As much as Shakespeare is an acclaimed writer, I found little to enjoy about this play mostly because I found Cleopatra and Antony contrived and ridiculously without common sense for the historical icons they are."


"Am asked what I think of this play. Slightly feverish, eating oatmeal, I mutter: 'I thought they were all stupid.'"


"The only thing that I learned By reading Antony and Cleopatra,was that History should be ashamed of having recorded the lives of these two people!"


"HBO's 'Rome' tells the story much, much better in Season 2. So, for that matter, does Colleen McCulloch (author of 'The Thorn Birds') in her novel by the same title. Kind of feel like I wasted my time with this one."

YEAH, YOU REALLY DID

No comments:

Post a Comment