Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sophocles - Electra

"I believe Electra could have worked things out with her mother if she ha been a little calmer. Instead she tells her brother to come murder their parents and he complies. Just a little far fetched."


"This book is very boring. I was very sorry that I had to read it."


"All right, all right, I didn't read this, but I did see it performed last night at the Pittsburgh Public Theater, and as good as the acting was, I realized scarcely five minutes in that Greek tragedy is not my cup of tea.

I kept wanting to scream at Electra -- 'All right already, you're upset, your grieving, you're angry -- get on with it.'
...
I don't know, I'm either too modern or too unsophisticated to get why this is a classic, but meh, I don't."


"This book was about a young woman named Electra and how she would do anything to get what she wants. What is it that she wants? She wants to be ruler of course. During the entire play she starts off seeming like a really cool girl but during the middle you find out that she is after something sinister. Through the course of the play she gets into multiple arguments with another character named Clythaemestra. Very quickly you can tell as the audience that they don’t like each other, but it’s not until the end that you find out the extent of there dislike for each other is.
...
I for one was not a fan of this script/ play because I feel that nothing really happened until the very end. During the whole play the only thing it seemed that the main characters Electra and Clythaemestra were arguing and they were arguing about nothing in particular. To make it more interesting I would probably add more conflict or maybe have them do more things. Like go around the town, maybe they could get into a fist fight, anything that would add some interest into this play. In my opinion it was really dull of a play. "

No comments:

Post a Comment