Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Confucius - Analects

CALLING CONFUCIUS THE AUTHOR OF THE ANALECTS IS A BIT LIKE CALLING CHRIST THE AUTHOR OF THE GOSPELS BUT I'M DOING IT ANYWAY

"What an utter waste of time trying to read what seemed like at times non-sensical ramblings, an what an even greater waste to find out that he, Confucius, most likely didn't write all of these disjointed sentences or had others add to them. You would do far better to read Proverbs out of the Holy Bible."


"Incredibly repetitive and axiomatic. He offers nothing to back up his philosophy."


"I was honestly expecting something more from this. All I found was a compilation of quotes by the man. Most of them completely irrelevant to today and to other cultures."


"I tried reading the saying of confucius to understand how his doctorine affected the far east culture but quited from the first page :/ it was really hard"


"I couldn't understand have of what the book was saying.. Kept jumping from one thing to another ... I honestly can't see anyone of finishing this with me understanding it.. So what's the point of reading without absorbing the words..
Total waste"


"Not my type of philosophy, which is odd because I usually enjoy eastern philosophy. I found Confucius to be extremely opinionated which goes against most philosophical thinking."


"This is one of the most boring books I have ever had the misfortune to try to read. If anyone could gain any wisdom from this book then they would have to have been a complete fool before they began to read it. I was always of the mind that Confucius was supposedly a wise man or a sage. However, I now believe that his name should not be Confucius but 'Confused'. Don,t waste your time and money on this rubbish. There is no wisdom to be gained from this book."

No comments:

Post a Comment