Friday, August 17, 2012

J. D. Salinger - The Catcher in the Rye IV

"I am about 1/3 through this dreadful book, and I have stopped reading it and have decided to write my own ending."


"I'm sure people will comment about what a great piece of work this is. To them, I say 'meh'"


"The author clearly doesn't understand that a normal person just doesn't need to read about some childish little boy that can't get a grip on his own problems or have the resolve to get help. Really, can't the writing minds in this nation do better than this?"


"If you prefer something atleast mildly entertaining that isnt page upon page of literary B*TCHING then go read a real book."


This book is not worth the paper on which it is printed ... The reader is given a negative look at humanity, not for the purpose of correcting the worst in people, but for reveling in it. For an uplifting view of man, I suggest the masterpiece novel by Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged."


"If you are fine with passively accepting published manure, that is your right. Perhaps it is because I am a writer that I take writing seriously"


"I would bet that if this were floated to publishers today it would never see the light of day."


"I'm a book critic, and this was the worst book I've ever read, and I'm a book junkie. What's with the double negatives? The plot lacked an awful lot. The whole book was a waste of my time and money. I wish someone had warned me about it before I purchased it. My old journals make better reading than this novel, and that's not saying much. If you hear me, skip this one! SNOOZE !..."


"To teh people who love this book I would say
Grow up and find out what real life is like and maybe read some real books"


"A filthy and horrible peice of literature, if you can call it literature. The only thing that makes this a classic is that it was once banned, and maybe it still should be."


"The writer should be executed for wasting our time like that. Should make a good horror story too, his dead."


"NEVER EVER READ THIS BOOK !!!! IN REMEMBERANCE OF JOHN LENNON GIVE PEACE A CHANCE RIP JOHN"


"Back in 1968, my older sister refused to read this book on moral grounds. OK, we are a bunch of vocal activists. It went to the school board. I was 12 & heard of all this as my parents tried to persuade my big sis to just let it go. She would not relent ... I knew, even at age 12, that this book was a colossal piece of crap ... Now, I am 53. Big sis is an educator. I served four terms on a local school board."


"WELL, I STARTED READING TYHIS BOOK CAUSE OF ALL THE HYPE OVER IT... AND PLUS I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS ABOUT SOME DISENCHANTED TEEN, AND SO THE BOOK SOUNDED PERFECT FOR ME. I STARTED READING IT ... TALK ABOUT A WASTE OF TREES! THE MAIN CHARACTER, HOLDEN, KEPT REPEATING HIMSELF, AND REPEATING HIMSELF...LOL. THIS SI-IiT BELONGS ON READING RAINBOW FOR GOD SAKES. THE SWEARING DIDNT BOTHER ME AT ALL...CAUSE A LOT OF TEENS SWEAR MORE THAN HOLDEN...INCLUDING ME. BUT IM REALLY ANGRY AT HOW THIS IS HOW ADULTS THINK WE TEENS ARE LIKE NOWADAYS...IT WAS PROBABLY GOOD IN THE 1940'S .... WELL WELCOME TO THE MILLENIUM LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..."

No comments:

Post a Comment