Monday, September 9, 2013

Mary Shelley - Frankenstein IV

"This is truly one of those books that the films do justice to."


"It's been almost 30 years since I've detested a book this much. I didn't think anything could be worse then Kafka's 'The Metamorphosis'. Seems I'm never too old to be wrong."


"By the last half of the book, I was so fed up with her lack of vocabulary that I just could not stand to read it anymore."


"I thought it would be cool to finally know how the monster really came to life, but I didn't even get that much out of the book. It doesn't say how it was created, or even what happened to him after he left.

If you've ever read the book you know that long 50 page story of when the monster was stocking those people in the cottage. Instead of that how about this. After scaring a man out of his home, the monster finds a hole in the wall, looks through it and sees people. He watches them 24 7 while he learns more words, gets more food, and evidently, learns how to read. After so long he decides to meet and actually talk to them, but does it the wrong way so they beat him up and throw him out. Then he runs away ashamed of himself. Wow, that was so hard.

The book would be great with a little work. Okay, lots of work. But, you can't save them all."


"I have to add this to the top of the list of books that I have had to read but HATED! Let's see it was up there with Call of the Wild, The Odyssey, Farenheit 451, The King Must Die, True Grit, When the Legends Die, etc...I think you get my point. It is as if the teachers and district pick the worst possible books."


"In essence, Frankenstein is certainly credible for its depth, but anyone can be a philosopher. Unfortuantely, literature is an art, and, therefore it takes a talented author to create a reabable and enjoyable vehicle for such insight. If you can't read a book, it's not good."


"The big monster with bolts sticking out of his neck, little vocabulary, frightening everybody in his path. He is brought to life in a spooky laboratory with lightning flashing and the mad scientist hovering over him with the joy of accomplishment. This is what we think of when we hear the name Frankenstein. I would like to tell you the book was this exiting, but I can't ... I would not recommend this book to anyone under the age of 40. It's pace is way too slow for the modern worlds fast pace and it leaves you wondering, 'Why didn't I just watch the movie'."


"Great god! This novel is written so poorly, ssslllooowww, plodding, dry, dragging, flowery chapters. For those of you who are searching for a novel rich in literary content, bristling with metaphor and imagery, and full of gripping suspense, you've come to the WRONG place. This novel possesses none of these. Take it from me, a seasoned man of literature."


"I was once subjected to hearing a giggling women wax lyrical about this book"


"In short, Mary Shelley is a silly girl. I had to read this novel for class. If I didn't I wouldn't have been bothered to pick it back up after throwing it across the room innumerable times."


"Great premise, appallingly written. Shelley has an 18 year old girl's romantic perception of the world - which puts an 18 year old (19th Century) girl's words into the mouths of mature males. It just does not work."


"This is the most boring book i have ever read. I never actually finished it because there are are so many long words that by time you've stopped to look each one up in the dictionary you've forgotten what hapened at the beginning of the sentence.To sum this up in one word: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"


"Mary W. Shelley can go suck Frankenstein's dick!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment